Sr Software Engineer
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Remote Location/Preference Phoenix AZ
Hours are 8-5
Must take call once every week
Preference: Architecture, Team Lead
Prefer experience in: Micro Services, Cloud and DDD
The Sr. Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom Web sites, and custom solutions for e-commerce and social engagement. The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage web sites and services. Over time, the Sr. Application Developer may participate in strategy, product development, and consult with internal customers and partners at a high level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and apply proven application development and agile methodologies in order to accomplish business goals.
- Provide expert knowledge and recommendations on Web designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of custom applications.
- Ensure delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Assist in developing project plans, assigning the appropriate technical resources and cost estimations.
- Guide junior developers in ALM and software engineering best practices and principles.
- Regularly communicate complex, technical issues to non-technical business leaders and technical project stakeholders by providing timely generation and distribution of content and project work.
- Consult with vendors and other team members to design, build and manage web sites.
- Monitors progress of technical issue resolution and negotiate solutions as necessary.
- Understand relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
- Provide reviews of technical deliverables and identify gaps/areas for improvement.
- Provide/review detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the SDLC and comply to internal standards and guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure high availability and performance.
- Provide 24x7 post-implementation support, respond to problem quickly and provide both short- and long-term resolutions.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of Application Development for consumer facing applications or related area
- Expert in Microsoft .NET C#, Latest MVC (Razor/ASPX)
- Expert in writing elegant HTML5 and CSS3
- Significant experience in Angular
- Understanding of .NET 4.x and .NET Core frameworks
- Relevant understanding of online analytics and demonstrate proficiency in using web analytics tools
- Strong experience with Microsoft TFS, specifically build and release management
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Excellent understanding of web services, modular development, HTML/CSS, XML, SQL, and ORM
- Experience with Sitecore a BIG plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Direct marketing experience a plus
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-02085