Sr Data Analyst, HEOR
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Vidence harnesses the power of clinical and genomic data and insights to advance the treatment and outcomes for oncology patients. A healthcare informatics company, Vidence provides the world’s leading cancer researchers, innovators and treatment providers with the ability to contribute to and access the most comprehensive knowledge base of patient journeys and outcomes. Vidence Consortium Fellows are leading healthcare systems, independent hospitals, and cancer clinics that leverage the clinical and research tools of the Vidence technology platform, Scimon. Scimon includes information and insights on more than 100,0000 patients from electronic health records (EHR), genomic testing results, patient surveys, claims and other key data points. Utilizing advanced technology including natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) and a comprehensive suite of professional services, Vidence provides data visualization, insights, and data analytics to Consortium Fellows and others in the medical community to support quality improvement, precision medicine and clinical advancement.
The Sr Data Analyst, HEOR is an analytically minded healthcare professional who is driven to use real-world data to drive hypotheses and contribute to cancer care treatment and outcomes. This position is focused on Healthcare Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) analytics and will collaborate cross-functionally with business development, stakeholders, and clients. The analyst provides data modeling and analytics support to a team of biostatisticians and clinical subject matter experts in measuring burden of illness trends, incidence and prevalence, patient characterization of treatment and timing, forecasting, regional targeting, publications, and clinical, humanistic, and financial outcomes. A strong background in healthcare data analytics is required to be successful in this position.
- Works closely with biostatisticians and clinical subject matter experts to translate complex study requirements into technical and data extraction requirements.
- Analyzes and organizes complex qualitative and quantitative oncology clinical data and synthesizes results into meaningful reports and usable datasets for further analysis.
- Completes all functions of analytic data management including extracting, cleaning, and transforming data.
- Regularly conducts research and analysis of clinical data and applies knowledge of data visualization and reporting best practices to prepare ad-hoc and re-occurring reports.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on data quality and availability to support cross business unit data integration and healthcare economics and outcomes research opportunities.
- Communicates abstract technical findings and information to non-technical audiences.
- Grows to contribute to development of research strategies to advance critical health economic value communication objectives
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, public health, healthcare economics or other quantitative field with a strong understanding of oncology subject matter specifically in oncology with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree in similar field with 5+ years of experience in oncology applied analytics required.
- High proficiency using Excel on a daily basis.
- Proficiency with R, SAS, Python, or other statistical modeling package for data analysis, statistical modeling, and/or general programming.
- Understanding of SQL.
- Proven database experience with writing complex and efficient queries is preferred, SQL experience is preferred.
- Experienced in data science including the design, creation, cross validation, interpretation of quantitative findings.
- Knowledge of current issues in the oncology environment, particularly in health economics and outcomes research.
- Understanding of EMR databases and health system required.
- Knowledge and familiarity with healthcare data including ICD, CPT, DRG, Staging, Chemotherapy regimens.
- Excellent communication skills and high degree of professionalism required.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have any direct reports.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-06048