Public Relations Specialist
Public Relations Specialist
Gateway for Cancer Research -
Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Funding Cures for More Tomorrows
Gateway for Cancer Research? is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to funding innovative cancer research that helps people living with cancer to feel better, live longer and conquer cancer TODAY! Over the past 25 years Gateway has funded more than 150 clinical trials at leading cancer centers in the US and abroad, helping to bring breakthroughs to the bedside for courageous cancer patients worldwide.
Be a Gateway
Gateway is generously underwritten by Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), the premiere network of cancer care centers in the country. As a CTCA Stakeholder on the Gateway team, you can have a direct impact on the fight against cancer by applying your exceptional marketing skills to this integral role, helping to raise funds for vital cancer research.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment and Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with extensive support and resources, including comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a 401K program and tuition reimbursement. Our patient-first culture and collaborative environment will give you the rewarding opportunity to truly make a difference by generating support for cutting-edge research for cancers of all types.
The Specialist, External Affairs (PR) is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive reputation-building and event-based public relations programs and strategies, utilizing proven expertise in securing earned media to help generate media exposure for the organization. The Specialist, External Affairs will lead the execution of public relations programs across channels, manage social media and act as a front-line steward for Gateway’s brand voice, ensuring consistent communications and storytelling to diverse target audiences across all print and digital channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, advertising, marketing or related discipline
- 3 -5 years of experience in public relations, preferably at a non-profit fundraising organization
Healthcare experience preferred
- Extensive experience developing and implementing innovative, clever, high impact public relations initiatives generating sustained awareness and building reputation across channels
- Exceptional communications skills, including strong verbal and copywriting ability, with expertise interpreting and translating complex technical information into dynamic and memorable messaging
- Proven passion for branding and storytelling, with the ability to bring forward imaginative PR concepts and ideas to life that enhance reputation and result in meaningful, impactful media exposure
- Proven experience consistently delivering effective strategic social media programs, with demonstrated ability to develop annual and campaign-based social media plans and implement sustained earned media strategies across social platforms resulting in significant engagement and exposure
- Exceptional project leadership skills, with proven ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects that are owned from start to finish, including development and management of highly detailed short and long-term project plans; working with a sense of urgency to follow-up on and manage tasks, keeping projects on track, on time and on budget while also keeping others well informed