Salesforce Business Analyst IT - IS - Full Time
Salesforce Business Analyst IT
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Business Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs and related systems. The role is responsible for the design of systems to parallel overall business strategies. Acts as the internal expert in terms of system capabilities, and is also responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Additional responsibilities include: documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process flows, documenting test plans, conducting system testing, documenting user manuals, and administering training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience.
- 5 years specific to Salesforce.com CRM system administration and business analysis required.
- 2+ years of experience in software implementation is required.
- 1+ year of project management experience is required.
- Ability to interpret and map current state of back office practices, and align them with available applications.
- Must posses a solid understanding of appropriate back office workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience utilizing MS Project as a project management tool preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Benefits and Compensation
- Excellent benefit rates
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- $1,450 wellness incentive, per spouse
- Robust professional development program
- Work from home up to two days per week, with manager’s discretion after 90 days
- Free $600 towards vitamins, protein, etc. per year
- 11 vacation days, 10 personal holidays, 8 sick days, and 6 national holidays
- 401k immediate funding, vesting and matching
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit itjobs.cancercenter.com and begin the application process, today.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13168