Business Analyst IT - IS - Full Time
Business Analyst - Talent/HR Systems
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture Of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Business Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs and related systems. The role is responsible for the design of systems to parallel overall business strategies. Acts as the internal expert in terms of system capabilities, and is also responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Additional responsibilities include: documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process flows, documenting test plans, conducting system testing, documenting user manuals, and administering training.
The Sr. Business Analyst will focus their work on mainly two HR applications: Kronos and Workday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with customers to understand their system requirements. Maps process models, designs technical solutions to satisfy requirements, and completes formal system testing.
- Works with vendors to be current on product features, and to support the alignment of the CTCA implementation strategy with the product’s roadmap. Using this information, he/she educates the CTCA end-users on available functionality.
- Monitors system performance and reports anomalies, errors, inaccuracies or inefficiencies. Makes recommendations as needed.
- Programs and configures changes to the application, interfaces, and database to ensure that the systems operate according to the end-user’s needs.
- Collaborates closely with the user community and IS leadership to provide support for systems, projects and initiatives. Trains, educates, and instructs users on features, operation, and usage of software systems.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for specific systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of IT experience.
- 3-5 years specific to Talent, Payroll and HRIS system administration and business analysis.
- 3+ years experience in software implementation is required.
- 1+ years of project management experience is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to interpret and map current state of back office practices, and align them with available applications.
- Must posses a solid understanding of appropriate back office workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience utilizing MS Project as a project management tool preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers and apply today.
Candidates:Please be advised that effective January 5, 2015, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Inc., is moving to a new attraction and selection methodology for evaluating candidates for hire.Candidates under consideration at the time the new attraction and selection methodology takes effect will be invited (via e-mail) to complete components of the new methodology applicable to the position for which such candidates are under consideration.The failure of a candidate to complete the requested components of the new attraction and selection methodology will delay further consideration of such candidate for employment, and may result in that candidate’s originally submitted application being rejected and receiving no further consideration for hire.The request that a candidate complete necessary components of the new methodology is not and must not be construed as an offer of employment.Completing the required components of the new methodology shall not entitle the candidate to any right other than the right to be further considered for employment with Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12651